Probasco Hall Renovation

Cincinnati, Ohio

This three-story Greek Revival building was constructed in 1921 and served as a church for over 75 years.  It sat unoccupied for almost a decade and was eventually purchased by the University of Cincinnati to provide much needed lecture and classroom space.

The project converted the main auditorium into a state-of-the-art lecture hall seating over 300, with facilities for widescreen projection for multi-media presentation and remote learning, giving the students access to instructors from all over the world.

The MEP systems were completely replaced, all while preserving and restoring all the ornate decorative plaster, antique lighting, and interior woodwork to near original condition.  The alabaster Palladian windows and bronze entry doors were also restored, along with the brick and limestone exterior, Corinthian portico columns, and Italian tile roof.

Project Details

Construction Budget: $6.3 million

Area: Three-Story 20,000 SF Adaptive Re-Use

Client: University of Cincinnati

Construction Manager: Perfection Construction

Architect & Rendering: MSP Design

Services: Lead Project Manager (Design and Construction), Master Planning, Cost Estimating, Project Scheduling, Construction Administration, Project Closeout.